Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Daily Pic and big update on various projects


It's been awhile since I wrote anything to go along with the daily images, a mixture of being busy and being knocked around with the flu. Thankfully the flu is subsiding (although at this stage my voice is still a gravelly rumble.....which is kinda cool and I'll be sad to see that go).
Here are a few things coming up....
1. Likher Portraits - Group exhibition at 696 on Sydney Road. I've got a watercolour piece in the exhibition and have also helped Pav design a new piece for the wall in the alley next to the gallery.
2. I've had one of my favourite bands in the world agree to provide music for a Lonely Monsters soundtrack to be released with the first graphic novel. I won't name names just yet as this means the world to me and I'd hate to jinx it.
3. Just locked in a 1-night Yard Show in November with gallery 696 which will be used as the official launch of Lonely Monsters - Book One. More details to come.
4. Working on the next stage of designs for the SRBA Film Competition and also on an application to be part of the "I Art Sydney Road" event (which I also designed all the promo material for).
5. Still hard at work on the Unfortunate Boy print series which will be available soon. Until then 696 have a few t-shirts featuring the poor little bastard.
6. Speaking of bastards, I'm still doing my weekly "Savage Bastard" webcome over at www.savagebastard.blogspot.com
7. Still playing with toy robots and drawing zombies.
Matt

No comments: